I was going to participate in the ‘What I Ate Wednesday’ link-up, but it is already after
nine ten, I am tired and Camden is crying in bed. Maybe next week!
Shrimp tacos are one of my favorite dinners. Mat and I started making them a couple years ago and have slowly perfected the recipe. If you don’t like one of the ingredients that we use, I encourage you to experiment and switch it out for something you love.
- 12 oz. shrimp
- Approximately 4 Cups Shredded Brussel Sprouts
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Queso Blanco
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Lime
- Pinch of Salt
- Slice brussel sprouts and remove stems and any touch centers so that they take on a shredded, slaw-like appearance.
- Place shredded brussel sprouts in a 10-inch non-stick skillet and drizzle with olive oil while setting your stove to medium heat. Stir frequently to keep from burning.
- While your sprouts begin the cook, place shrimp in a small non-stick skillet on low heat. I usually buy cooked and peeled shrimp and just heat them on low while I prepare everything else.
- Once your brussel sprouts begin to brown and have reduced by almost half, turn heat down to low.
- Add minced garlic and salt to sprouts and stir in. If your pan is too hot, the garlic may burn so be careful of that.
- Drain shrimp of excess water and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Mix Queso Blanco into warm sprouts until completely melted.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave and top with brussel sprout mixture and shrimp. Finish off with fresh line and your favorite hot sauce for an added kick of flavor!
Here is what your shredded brussel sprouts should look like:
Tonight, I served our tacos with roasted sweet potatoes. I truly love my shrimp tacos, but the sweet potatoes stole the show. I couldn’t stop eating them. I just drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled cajun seasoning on them before baking at 350 for about 10 minutes then using my broiler for about another 10! So good!!!
I usually have a little bit of shrimp and quite a bit of brussel sprouts leftover, so if you are into meal planning, you might plan another use for the leftovers.
I hope that if you try this recipe you love it as much as I do! Have a great day!